Whether it is searching for treasure from an ancient wreck, or retrieving your dive buddy’s lost weight belt, having adequate search and recovery skills can be useful.
This speciality will equip you with skills to employ different search patterns to plan search and recovery dives as a team. You will also learn how to use lift bags to recover heavy objects safely and securely to the surface.
SEARCH AND RECOVERY COURSE ESSENTIALS
- 1 Theory
- 1 Open Water Diving Package - 2D2N Tioman Island - Quad Share
- SSI Digital Kit - Search & Recovery
- Instructor Fees
- Certification with e-Card
- Rental of all gear (Except Soft gear & Compass rental)
SEARCH AND RECOVERY COURSE Components
The SSI Search and Recovery course consists of 2 parts: Theory and Weekend Trip.
1 Theory Class
1 Weekend Trip
Search and Recovery provides the skills and concepts required to safely plan and conduct search and recovery dives. You will learn about search patterns, specialized dive plans, underwater communication, and how to recover small to medium-sized objects using specialized equipment like lift bags
Location: Gill Divers Pte. Ltd.
37 Hongkong Street, S059676
Day 1 (Friday)
- Meet at 13 York Hill
- Depart for Mersing Jetty via coach
- Rest stop
- Arrive at Mersing Jetty
- Depart for Tioman via ferry
Day 2 (Saturday)
- Arrive Tioman
- Check in Resort
- Breakfast & Briefing
- 1st Dive
- Lunch on board- Return to resort
- 2nd & 3rd Dive
- Dinner at resort, Log dives & debrief
Day 3 (Sunday)
- 4th & 5th Dive
- Lunch, Log dives & debrief
- Check out from resort & depart for Mersing Jetty via ferry
- Arrive Mersing Jetty
- Depart for Singapore via coach
- Arrive Singapore
WHY LEARN THE SEARCH AND RECOVERY COURSE
The SSI Search and Recovery Specialty Course allows you to acquire the skills and concepts necessary to safely plan and conduct search and recovery dives.
- Learn about search patterns and specialized dive plans.
- Knowledge in proper underwater communication.
- Gain skills on how to recover small to medium-sized objects using specialized equipment like lift bags.
- You will earn the SSI Search and Recovery Specialty certification upon program completion.
The fun doesn’t need to stop there! With just a little more training, you can go even further – imagine diving in underwater shipwrecks, with sharks, or becoming an underwater photographer! It s your chance to move to the next level in your diving adventures.