The ocean is filled with fascinating and beautiful fish of every shape and size. This non-diving specialty program teaches you the skills and concepts required to identify the common families of Caribbean, Indo-Pacific, and Red Sea reef fish. You will earn the SSI Fish Identification Specialty certification after completing this program.
Fish Identification Essentials
- Minimum Age: 10
- Certification Prerequisites: Open Water Diver if in-water training is included
- Academic Sessions: 1
- All Course Materials
- Pool/Confined Water Sessions
- Open Water Dives
- In this course, you will develop the knowledge and ability to recognize and identify common families of Caribbean, Indo-Paciﬁc, and Red Sea reef ﬁsh.
- You will learn how to look for characteristics, both morphological and behavioral, that will help you classify and identify all kinds of ﬁsh.
- You’ll be an expert in no time!