Coral reefs are the building blocks of many ocean ecosystems. This program teaches you the skills and concepts required to recognize and identify common families of coral species. You will earn the SSI Coral Identification Specialty certification after completing this program.
Coral Identification Essentials
- Minimum Age: 10
- Certification Prerequisites: Open Water Diver if in-water training is included
- Academic Sessions: 1
- All Course Materials
- Pool/Confined Water Sessions
- Open Water Dives
- General construction, difference and function of different corals.
- The reproduction of corals.
- The classification & identification of coral species.
- Corals in the Caribbean, the Indo Pacific and the Red Sea.